Nathan Kendall House
Address: 12 Ministerial Road
Historical Use: Residential use
Construction Date: 1826
Historical Name: Nathan Kendall House
Click to Enlarge
Barn with loft
Nathan Kendall was one of the first members of the Bedford Presbyterian Church with records of his involvement dating back to 1850. He married Elizabeth Thompson in 1808 and had 6 children. Nathan Kendall ran a local blacksmithing shop in town known as the "Kendall Shop." After his death, the shop was passed down to his sons, James and Thomas Kendall. The Kendall shop was later moved to the town offices and is currently the Bedford Historical Society's museum.